Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nature Scenes

I went out and took some nature pictures. I researched some autumn ideas. A lot of the suggestions told me to get some good sun pictures, but unfortunately the sun was not out making some of my pictures look kind of gloomy. To make my pictures look almost warmer I increased my exposure and saturation when I edited my pictures later that evening, so I ended up with some pretty nice pictures. 


 Things I learned about Nature Shots:
- Get down on the ground and take pictures from a lower angle 
- For autumn try to some colourful leaves 
- Set your ISO higher to make your pictures look warmer
- Avoid Flare 
- Use a tripod and slow shutter speeds 









I ran into a few problems while taking some of my pictures. The main reason was because i have not completely mastered how to use my camera. Like when i was taking these picture of the berries, I accidentally swited my camera dial to landscape mode. Landscape mode takes in the whole landscape so my camera was focusing on everything but the berries, (as you can see in the first picture of the berries) which was what I wanted it to focus on! I soon figured out what I was doing wrong and switched the dial to the proper mode and got some good pictures. The main problem was that the sun was not out, so I didn't really get to play with my ISO, and see the different types of looks it would have given my picture. Maybe next time i go outside and take pictures the sun will be out so i can try it then.

Websites that I used:
http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1157519
http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-tips/nature-landscape-photos/
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2013/10/01/9-creative-photo-ideas-to-try-in-october-2013/


                                                                                                         



1 comment:

  1. The detailed explanations are quite good, Raychel. One suggestion that would enhance your content: include before and after shots. For example, when you discuss increasing exposure and saturation, some side-by-side before editing and after editing photos would really help your readers.

    ReplyDelete