Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Child Photography

When I did my research on child photography I thought it would be really simple, but it was not! I took pictures of my younger cousins. I have a good relationship with them, which according to my research it is very important to have a good relationship with the subjects you are taking pictures of. My cousins had A LOT of energy so taking pictures of them was actually very difficult. I had planned on doing 2 trips for child photography, because the first time I took pictures with my cousins I wasn’t really happy with the results. I was supposed to have another family gathering today with my cousins, but unfortunately it got canceled because the roads were too icy. So I have to work with what I got, because this passion project is almost due!


 
When taking pictures of kids, I found that you need a lot of space for them to move around. Also, I think it’s important that they are familiar with the place you are taking pictures and that there is a lot of things for them to do. When I took pictures of my cousins I was in my Oma’s basement. There wasn’t a lot for the kids to do, which resulted with them running around like crazy, which made it hard to take pictures of.




Things I learned about Child Photography:
- A good camera mode for taking pictures is with kids is portrait mode.
- Little kids don’t pose much; you can only get older kids t take good poses for you.
- Take pictures down on their level.
- Take pictures above their level.
- Focus on kids eyes, and eyelashes
- Make sure you backgrounds aren’t too distracting
- Let kids do whatever they want; you can get some good action shots this way.

Websites I used: 






No comments:

Post a Comment