Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

DIY Christmas Lights

 DIY Christmas light was a photography idea I found on Pinterst. There were a few tutorials so I checked them out thinking that they would be fairly easy. Boy was I wrong…  What you’re supposed to be able to do is get Christmas lights to be blurred in the background of the picture while you focus on something else. The picture of the snowman was the closest I got to this, but isn’t at all what I wanted it to look like.

 I was unable to get any photos, to look the way that I had wanted it too! I was very disappointed. What I ended up doing was playing with my aperture and some Christmas lights. I started getting this blurred effect that I thought was kind of interesting. All I did was put my aperture to a higher level took pictures of the Christmas lights and the lights ended up doing his wavy like affect. It was actually kind of fun taking them and playing around with my cameras aperture.








 So far I haven’t had a photography project that I haven’t been able to do… but it looks like I met my match! I’m not sure if my final product has a specific name given to it. I have seen some photos that are kind of like these. I think it would actually be kind of cool to try to take pictures like these at a dance or something. You could try to get the people dancing in focus, and then have all the lights look kind of interesting around them.

The Pinterst website that I used is the following:
http://missenchanted.com/bokeh-photography-tutorial/
If anyone figures out how to work it, please let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment