Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Landscape

I had to take 2 different trips for getting some good landscape pictures. Unfortunately I live in Winnipeg, and during the winter there aren't a lot of inserting landscapes to take pictures of… I did my best though to make them look creative and different! 

On my first trip I brought my camera to my Oma's house. My Oma lives by the floodway, so I climbed up there to get some different angles. It was super cold out, but the sun was shinning so I decided to brave the cold and use the sun to my advantage. I haven't had a super sunny day where i took pictures, so I am really happy with how my pictures turned out because they are very bright instead of dull looking.  

Here are my three best pictures I took that day:


 






On my second trip I went to Bunn’s Creek. The weather wasn’t too cold, and the sun was shinning so I was also able to get some nice looking pictures on that day! I really enjoyed landscape photography because you get to look at pretty views of different landscapes. I had fun with this type of photography.










Things I learned about Landscape Photography: 
- Make sure that your whole scene is in focus. Landscape photos aren't suppose to be  blurry.
- Use a tripod. The more steady your camera is, the more clearer your picture will be.
- Have a focal point, or your picture will be boring.
- Remember the rule of thirds when taking your pictures.
- Have a busy sky. If your sky is not busy, make sure your foreground is interesting so your whole picture isn't plain looking. 
- Shoot during the morning or evening for more creative lighting. 
- Don't shoot on an angle. 
- Take your time when taking your pictures. Take pictures of all your surroundings. You'll never know what looks good or what doesn't look god unless you try it. 
- When editing your pictures, try increasing the saturation for a more brighter look. 


Websites I used:
http://digital-photography-school.com/11-surefire-tips-for-improving-your-landscape-photography
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2010/09/09/10-quick-landscape-photography-tips/

No comments:

Post a Comment