Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Frozen in Time Photography

Things I learned about Frozen in time photography
- Type of photography where you try to capture a moment on camera
- This type of photography is mainly taken at events.
- Don’t get subjects to pose for you; you actually hope that the subject doesn’t notice you taking pictures of them.
- Shouldn’t use flash so that your subjects wont notice you
- Should try to get picture of people moving, laughing and looking genuinely happy. If your subjects don’t look happy you’re picture won’t turn out to be as nice.
- For beginners you should try taking pictures at family gatherings
- Take a lot of pictures!

I had one major problem with this project. My plan was to take pictures at my last Christmas family gathering. But my family gathering ending up being canceled so I no longer had any events to take pictures at, which is a big thing for frozen time photography. And since this passion project is very close to being finished I couldn’t sit around and wait for the next big event to happen in my life. So I had t make my own event… I took pictures of my sisters playing Just Dance on the wii! I figured since the wii game keeps my sister moving and they enjoy doing it I could get some good frozen in time pictures from it.

For taking pictures I ended up using my action shot mode just because my sisters were moving so fast! They were almost moving too fast because I got so many blurry photos! Like most of the pictures I go of my sisters dancing most of there body was in focus, but an arm or foot would be blurry because that was the body part that was moving so fast. Unfortunately there wasn’t much I could do about this. So I just kept taking pictures! I’m happy how these pictures turned out, but I really wish I could have taken some pictures at an actual event. I guess ill just have to take them at my next family gathering just for fun of it!


Websites I used:
http://www.imagemaven.com/event-photography/





No comments:

Post a Comment