Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Close Ups

I went to Bunn’s creek to take my close up pictures. I took my close up pictures outside because I found out that close up pictures are generally more taken outside. I also find that taking pictures outside is a lot easier then taking pictures inside, because there is natural light, a lot more to take pictures of and the view is nicer.  


Taking close up pictures was fairly easy. The Only problem I had was that sometimes my subject would be so light it would blend into the snow so my camera lens would not focus on it. I tried out some different modes and found that the portrait mode and my close up mode worked out the best in those types of situations.



Things I learned about close up photography:
- The best types of close up shots are done outside.
- Its better to take close up shots in the summer or springtime because you can get insects, flowers and berries. Of course I had to ignore this advice because its winter here in Winnipeg and Winnipeg winters are not warm ones!
- You should just find a spot in nature and take some time in that particular spot finding more close up opportunities.
- Use a Marco mode on your camera. For me this mode is just called “close up mode”.
- Shady days are good for close up photography because the light is dim.


Websites I used: 

No comments:

Post a Comment