Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Headshots

For headshots I got both of my younger sisters to help. Danielle Algera helped me by being the model in my pictures. Serena Algera helped me by holding up a black blanket behind Danielle in each of these photos as a backdrop.


One big thing about headshots is the clothing and makeup that your subject is wearing. A lot of headshots go for natural looks. Which means there is very little makeup involved, and for clothing you wear casual clothes with solid colors, and no glitter or no dark clothes. I decided to go for the natural look for my headshots so Danielle did her hair how she regularly does it and she wore no makeup. I think if I had done my headshots differently I would have made her put makeup on because sometimes I find the flash drowns out her facial features, which is what you’re mainly supposed to focus on.

  Other things I learned about headshots:
- You have to make eye contact with your subject. Capturing eyes is a big part of headshots.
- Do close up shots.
- When you’re taking pictures of girls, you shoot more slightly down on them. This makes their eyes appear bigger and is a typical pose for girls. For guys, you shoot more slightly up to try to emphasize strength and it makes them look more confident.
- Use flash to add more depth to your subject.
- Backdrops are usually plain. The most common color for backdrops is grey, black and white. When choosing a backdrop you’re supposed to consider what you are going to use the picture for, and where it will be placed. For example, I chose a black backdrop because it would look good with my blog. If I had chosen white, my pictures would have blended in with my blogs background, which would have made my pictures look bad.

Websites I used for Headshot techniques: 

No comments:

Post a Comment